Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:49 pm by Canuck Singh

» Are you happy?
Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:58 pm by Canuck Singh

» 5 Quick Ways to boost testosterone
Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:53 pm by Canuck Singh

» How many weeks to see muscle growth?
Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:50 pm by Canuck Singh

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Sikh Inspired Health on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Sikh Inspired Health on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Wats good for a 14 year old?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wats good for a 14 year old?

Post by gurmzz on Sat May 15, 2010 10:29 am

I was just wondering how many calories shud a 14 year old take and how much of wat nutrient shud it consist of...and how much exercise shud we do? Is gymming okay, if not then wen will it be okay for me?

Thank youu WJKK WJKF!

(btw, im gskapoor from sikhsangat.com)

Very Happy

gurmzz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wats good for a 14 year old?

Post by Canuck Singh on Sat May 15, 2010 4:33 pm

gurmzz wrote:I was just wondering how many calories shud a 14 year old take and how much of wat nutrient shud it consist of...and how much exercise shud we do? Is gymming okay, if not then wen will it be okay for me?

Thank youu WJKK WJKF!

(btw, im gskapoor from sikhsangat.com)

Very Happy

Gurfateh!

At 14, it really depends on whether or not you have surpassed the growth spurt phase.

AFter a growth spurt you will naturally be much stronger, and capable of more strength and size gains.

There is not enough evidence that the epiphyses are effected by resistance training at a young age, but generally you would want to do weights that are not extremely heavy.

For example, my friend who was the Canadian Junior Olympic Champ several years back, began training at 13.

Diet is not a significant factor at your age, but the types of food that you eat will affect your body shape/physique. For example if you undereat, you may have a 'bony' appearance, while if you overeat you may gain a 'plump' appearance.

The key is balancing the amount of foods that you are eating with the activity that you are doing and the amount your body is growing.

So for example, if you did nothing all day, you would eat based on hunger, perhaps even over eat.

IF you are active, you need 500-1000kcal more per day of activity.

Being active is the number one most important factor here. The more active you are the better your bones, muscles, joints will respond and grow healthy.

Going to the gym is okay. Combined with aerobic and flexibility work, you will set up a strong foundation.

Just tell us how we can help you, and what you would like to do.
Canuck Singh
Admin

View user profile http://sikhinspiredhealth.motionsforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gurmzz on Sat May 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Thank youuu

was very helpful, just a random question that would go into nutrition, but wat would be a good meal that an amritdhari sikh would eat that wud include all nutrients?

Thank youu Very Happy

gurmzz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hSingh on Sun May 16, 2010 4:21 am

For a meal to be balanced, you need the macro nutrients:
- carbs
- protein
- fat

Daal fits the bill perfectly for that. I'm a big fan of daal Very Happy Of course you need add some vegetables to the meal as well. Top it off with some yogurt or milk and you have a pretty good meal which will allow you to gain strength and size Wink

I'm sure Canuck Singh will add a more elaborate description.

hSingh

View user profile http://sikhyc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gurmzz on Sun May 16, 2010 7:20 am

Thank youu!

gurmzz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Canuck Singh on Sun May 16, 2010 3:57 pm

gurmzz wrote:Thank youuu

was very helpful, just a random question that would go into nutrition, but wat would be a good meal that an amritdhari sikh would eat that wud include all nutrients?

Thank youu Very Happy

The number 1 thing that you might be missing is Vegetables.

Compared to any other nutrient, vegetables have the largest amount of fibre, nutrients, and phytonutrients.

The reason why we might be missing it is because we have replaced healthful sabjiz for deeply buttered aloo sabjis. Aloo is not the greatest vegetable. In fact Aloo is sugar.

The best thing to do when it comes to vegetables is to add variety of colour and choice.

For example, brocolli, tomato (also a fruit), cauliflower, cucumber, carrot,

The best part about vegetables is that when they form a large part of the diet, the need to count calories is reduced. By making sure that a large portion of your calorie intake comes from vegetables is a research-proven strategy that shifts your body into fat-burning mod

Studies have revealed that following the advice I'm about to share and have been writing about can help:

1. Reduce your risk of cancer
2. Prevent diabetes
3. Improve arthritis
4. Help prevent and slow memory loss, including Alzheimer's
5. Protect against heart attacks
6. Extend your life.

And now here is the absolute latest research on eating well for
optimal health and to save your memory:

• 8-10 servings each day of fresh fruit and vegetables, preferably organic
• Use olive oil instead of corn oil, margarine, and sesame oil.
• Make sure that your vegetable intake includes one or more servings a day of dark green veggies such as broccoli, peas, and spinach.
• Do you remember I wrote about the importance of garlic and onions and ginger recently? Use them daily as well and explore using leeks, too.
• Try adding a bit of basil, sage, cilantro, or peppermint to your diet.
• One or more servings a day of red vegetables such as tomatoes, tomato sauce, or salsa. Today I had watermelon juice and tonight I'll have some cooked tomatoes
• One or more servings a day of yellow or orange vegetables, such as carrots, red bell peppers, or pumpkin
• One or more servings of other vegetables such as artichokes, cucumbers, or snap peas.
• One or more servings a day of vitamin C fruits, such as oranges, mangoes, and strawberries.
• One serving a day of other fruit, such as apples, bananas, and grapes.
"Be inspired, appreciate your life, and love others as you find divinity within them, B
Canuck Singh
Admin

View user profile http://sikhinspiredhealth.motionsforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gurmzz on Sun May 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Thank youu! Very Happy

gurmzz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content